FeaturedImage_2017-08-10_Flickr_Avocado_10030265053_a6f174fe21_k

This July was a month full of depressing news regarding diplomacy among Israel, the Palestinian Authority and Jordan. And yet, far from the headlines, cooperation across these populations was thriving at the Galilee International Management Institute (GIMI) in Nahalal, a city in northern Israel. During July alone, GIMI gave a...

Continue Reading >>
FeaturedImage_2017-08-10_121348_YouTube_Sarsour_Womens_March

While saying that she marched for many of the stated goals of January’s Women’s March, a former Clinton adviser wrote that “I did not march to show support for hateful, divisive language” that has since been used in the march’s name, in an op-ed published Wednesday in the Washington Jewish...

Continue Reading >>
FeaturedImage2015-05-01_140737_Facebook_Arabs_Heart_Israel

Israel’s Foreign Ministry has received thousands of messages from Iraq in support of Israel in the wake of the Temple Mount crisis triggered by a terrorist attack, with Iraqis saying they “recognize the State of Israel” and reject Palestinian terrorism. Reactions include criticism of “the hypocrisy of the Arab peoples,”...

Continue Reading >>
FeaturedImage_2017-08-10_BICOM_Gaza-wall

The IDF has revealed the extent of the new concrete barrier currently being built around the Gaza Strip. The 3 billion shekel ($836 million) concrete barrier aims to eliminate the existing tunnel threat posed by Hamas, as well as any future tunnels that reach into Israel. It will include sensors...

Continue Reading >>
FeaturedImage_2017-08-09_Israel21c_SpaceIL_Moon

Israel’s SpaceIL, one of only five teams remaining in the multi-million-dollar Google Lunar XPrize race to the moon, is starting to assemble the craft to be launched in 2018, according to SpaceIL CEO Eran Privman. “We are thrilled to share with you that the various parts and components of the...

Continue Reading >>
FeaturedImage_2017--08-09_Flickr_Arrow3_23644703442_1a0f8b3571_h

Companies in Israel and the United States have ramped up production of the projectiles that are at the center of Israel’s multi-layered anti-missile defense systems, Defense News reported Tuesday. Israel’s missile defense systems—including the Arrow-3, David’s Sling, and Iron Dome—are all heavily funded by the U.S. In exchange, U.S. companies get a share...

Continue Reading >>
FeaturedImage_08-08-2017_Israel21c_netafim-768x432

Israel’s pioneering drip-irrigation company, Netafim, announced Monday that Mexican petrochemical firm Mexichem will acquire an 80% stake in the company in a deal worth $1.516 billion. Kibbutz Hatzerim, Netafim’s founder, will retain the remaining 20% stake. The total enterprise value of the transaction is $1.895 billion. Founded in 1965, Netafim...

Continue Reading >>
FeaturedImage_2017-08-09_BICOM_Gaza_Rockets_3389737249_a895c89710_z

The Israel Air Force (IAF) struck two Hamas targets last night in response to a rocket attack from the Gaza Strip. The rocket landed in an open area, believed to be a building site, without causing casualties. Warning sirens were sounded in both Ashkelon and the nearby Hof Ashkelon Regional...

Continue Reading >>
featuredimage_2106-10-13_flash90_kotel_1024px-birkhat_cohanim_2

If Palestinians want peace with Israel, they will have to stop denying Jewish history and “accept the historic tie and sacred nature of the Temple Mount for Jews,” a former State Department official wrote in an op-ed published Tuesday in The Washington Post. Yehuda Mirsky traced the roots of Palestinian denial...

Continue Reading >>
FeaturedImage_2017-08-08_GPO_pm-netanyahu-democratic-members-of-the-us-congress

A leading Democratic congressman told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday that support in the U.S. House of Representatives for legislation strengthening Israel’s security is “overwhelmingly bipartisan.” Rep. Steny Hoyer (D – Md.), the House Minority Whip, told reporters that there was no lingering bitterness among Democrats towards Israel over Netanyahu’s congressional...

Continue Reading >>